Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 6/Day 37 (Sunday) - I can see the light...

This Friday will mark the end of 6 weeks post surgery, and I'm feeling 97%. This past week I've been filled with energy and feeling like I can actually use it.

First, I survived the period from Hell. In addition to the killer cramps, it was super heavy. I hope that's a surgery side effect and not my new normal.

My daily life is mostly back to usual. I am doing my daily work commute, during rush hour, and working full days; I have full range of motion; and I'm not on any kind of drug, powerful or mild.

Since I still don't have the OK to do physical activity like jogging, Pilates, or sex (going nuts, here! Richard, too!), I've been doing torso stretching/leg strengthening moves + fast-paced walks for exercise. I'm proud to say I'm back to overtaking the average walker. Despite the frustration, I can tell that my body's not ready for the bigger stuff yet.

My only complaint is an occasional twinge in my lower right (similar to the ligament pains I mentioned in an earlier post); it's been going at it for a bit tonight.

For the record, I'm posting a timeline of my visual healing, as my scars are now looking much better and probably close to their permanent recovery place.


Day 1 - Saturday, Oct. 13 (Fresh wound padding)

Day 3 - Monday, Oct. 15 (Steri-Strips)

Day 14 - Friday, Oct. 26 (Scabs)

Day 37 - Sunday, Nov. 18 (Scars)

That all for this week. I'll check in again once my full 6 weeks are up.

Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment